header

header

Sunday 20 November 2016

PERSONAL REVELATION OF JESUS

LIGHT FOR THE WAY
(Daily Devotional)

Sunday 20th November 2016

Topic:  Personal Revelation of Jesus

Text: "unto them, But whom say ye that I am?"
(Matthew 16:15)



We have often heard the saying, “Be a voice, not
an echo.” This simply means to be a person who
imparts fresh information and doesn’t just repeat
what was heard from someone else. While there
is nothing wrong with repeating or sharing things
you receive from others, there still needs to be
the dynamic in your life where revelation is
personally received from your own walk with
God. When Jesus asked His disciples who
people thought He was in Matthew 16, many of
them gave answers. They could all easily chime
in and repeat what they heard the public say
about Jesus. It wasn’t until He narrowed the
question by saying, “But who do you say I am?”
that it got quieter. He asked the question to all
of them, but instead of getting multiple
responses this time, only Peter answered by
saying He was the Christ.
We cannot live only on revelation from others or
what we hear them say about Jesus. We need to
obtain revelation for ourselves as we pursue the
Lord. God wants to feel the affection we have
for Him as we dig for our own unique nuggets of
revelation. Jesus asks all of us, “Who am I to
you?” Let Him have the pleasure of hearing it
from your heart and no one else’s today.

PRAYER
Lord, I ask You to give me my own personal
revelation of You that is deeper than what I have
known thus far. While I welcome helpful
impartation from others, help me learn of You in
the unique way that is personal between You and
me. Amen.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

Ezekiel 19,
Ezekiel
20:1-44
Hebrews
10:1-18 Psalm
122:1-9

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP

LIGHT FOR THE WAY (Daily Devotional) Friday 29th May 2020 TOPIC: THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP TEXT: "I will be there God, and t...