header

header

Thursday 15 December 2016

OPENING NEW CHAPTERS

LIGHT FOR THE WAY
(Daily Devotional)

Thursday 15th December 2016

Topic:  Opening New Charter

Text: "And Joseph called the name of the firstborn
Manasseh: For God, said he, hath made me forget
all my toil, and all my father’s house. And the
name of the second called he Ephraim: for God
hath caused me to be fruitful in the land of my
affliction" (Genesis 41:51-52).


No matter what hardships you have been
through, God always has a plan to move you
forward to a new chapter. Whether your
hardships are from your distant past or they just
occurred yesterday, God is always beckoning you
to put that season of toil behind you. Notice in
the verses above when Joseph called his
firstborn son Manasseh, it was
because God had made him forget all his
hardship and all his father’s house. Why all his
father’s house? That is because to him, the
years he spent growing up held a lot of bad
memories and hurts. Maybe your upbringing or some events this year often brings such memories. Well, it’s time to
move from that place and open a new chapter. It
is your Ephraim chapter, which in the Hebrew
means double fruitfulness! (See Genesis 41:52.)
Even negative experiences from this week will
lose their ability to keep you down when you
choose to forget your struggles. It’s time to
forget the pain and dwell instead on the
blessings of tomorrow and wonderful fruit God is
producing in your life!

PRAYER
Heavenly Father, I thank You that today I give
“spiritual birth” to Manasseh by choosing to
forget the hurts of yesterday. I declare this is now
my season of Ephraim—my season of double
fruitfulness—and it is a new chapter in my life.
Thank You, Jesus! Amen!

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

Daniel
8:15-27,
Daniel 9:1-19
1 John
2:28-29, 1
John 3:1-10
Proverbs
29:10-18

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP

LIGHT FOR THE WAY (Daily Devotional) Friday 29th May 2020 TOPIC: THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP TEXT: "I will be there God, and t...