header

header

Friday 21 December 2018

BLESSEDNESS OF THANKGIVING

From The Desk of Pastor Tunde Daniels

LIGHT FOR THE WAY
(Daily Devotional )

Friday 21st December 2018

TOPIC:  THE BLESSEDNESS OF THANKGIVING

TEXT:  "It is good to give thanks to the Lord, and to sing praises to your name, O most high." (Psalm 92:1)

Psalm 92 is a "song for the Sabbath day", a resting place for those who are troubled.
The song begins with a commendation of praise:

"It is good to give thanks to the Lord." It does us good to turn our unsettling and anxious thought to declare God's "loving kindness in the morning, and (His) faithfulness every night"(v:2). God loves us and is always faithful! He makes us glad.(v:4). Praise doesn't just make us glad, it makes us wise. We begin to understand something of God's greatness and creative design in all that He does (v:5-9). We gain wisdom that was hidden from those who do not know God. The wicked may "flourish" and "spring up like the grass" for a moment (v:7), but ultimately they will wither away. The righteous however, are joined to the one who dwells in eternity (v:8). They "flourish like the palm tree" and "like a cedar in Lebanon"(v:12), symbols of graceful beauty and an unbending strength. For they have been "planted in the house of the LORD"(v:13). Their roots go down into the soil of God's faithfulness: they draw on His unquenchable love.
Give thanks and praise to the Lord today.

WORD CONFESSION
I am an evidence that Jesus Christ is alive and at work. I declare today that I receive the oil of joy for mourning and the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness in Jesus name

PRAYER POINTS

*Father God  thank you for this great and wonderful day in Jesus name

*Father God,  thank you for the gift of life that you he given me through Christ  Jesus

*Father God,  thank you for the great and loving family you have given me in Jesus name

*Father God,  thank you your provisions protection and preservation  over my life and destiny in Jesus name

*Father God,  thank you for your faithfulness and mercy over my life and family for bringing  us to see the end of the year in Jesus name

*Father God  thank you because you will bring me and my family  over into the coming year with peace and prosperity in Jesus name.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

Jeremiah 29:24-32, Jeremiah 30, Jeremiah 31:1-14 2 Thessalonians 2 Psalm 119:33-40

SUCCESS QUOTE FOR TODAY

"'Action is the antidote to despair"
JOAN BAEZ

THE PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY

The Sovereign Lord says today keep hoping and expecting. In this season of your life I'm going to render unto you the double. You have hoped and continued to hope and haven't given up on your dreams. Therefore, I say to you as I spoke through Zechariah of old "Turn you to the stronghold, you prisoners of hope ... even today do I declare that I will render double to you". My salvation will be seen in your land says the Lord. My glory will be seen over you and My arrows will go forth as the lightning in your defense. This day I will blow the trumpet and there shall go with whirlwinds of My Spirit over, around and through you. I will defend you and empower you to subdue your enemies. I will save you and those you love as a shepherd saves His flock and you will know again exaltation and joy and safety by My hand.


For Prayers & Counseling contact us at

Fragrance Of Christ Church Int’l
Modupe House, 152 Iju Road, By Conoil Filling Station
Fagba B/Stop Iju Ifako-Ijaiye Lagos

Tel: 08098863321, 08136677555

Email: tundedaniels@gmail.com ; fragrancelag@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP

LIGHT FOR THE WAY (Daily Devotional) Friday 29th May 2020 TOPIC: THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP TEXT: "I will be there God, and t...