header

header

Wednesday 19 April 2017

RE-IGNITE YOUR PASSION FOR GOD

LIGHT FOR THE WAY
(Daily Devotional)

Wednesday 19th January 2016

TOPIC : RE-IGNITE YOUR PASSION

TEXT:  "I have this against you that you have left your first love"(Revelation 2:4)

Why does spiritual passion fade so easily? when we first experience God's love we spent hours thinking about Him, studying His word, and telling others about how much He means to us. Then it happens, our busy schedules, and other things we care about slowly dampens our passion and our longing for Jesus and our study of His word now becomes an occasional glance. Surely the object of our affection has changed.
The Church of Ephesus wrestled with maintaining its spiritual passion. Jesus through John wanted to help them re-ignite and restore there love for Him. Though He commended this Church for their works, Jesus saw that they have left their first love--Him.(Revelation 2:4).
The Ephesians had lost their first love and their spiritual passion for Jesus. It had become a cold and mechanical religious practice. I wonder if they had allowed the stealthy culprit of religion and busyness of religion to enter into their hearts. Whatever it was something has stolen the affection they once had for the Lord.
Have you allowed something to steal your passion ? if so it can be re-ignited, restored, and maintained when you consistently do the following: a) Remember His amazing love demonstrated at calvary. b) Repent of your sinful, unloving attitudes c) And out of love for Jesus repeat your "first works". like: spending time to study His word, spending time with Him prayer, spending time for Him in evangelising. simply put--caring about what He cares about. Devotion to Jesus is the key that re-ignites our spiritual passion.

WORD CONFESSION

I declare today that the Spirit of God is at work in my life. I receive fresh fire in my life. I move from strength to strength and from glory to glory

PRAYER POINTS

* Father thank you for your love and care for my life and family in Jesus name.

* Lord God reignite my life with fresh fire of the Spirit in Jesus name.

*O Lord separate me from whatever is killing the fire of God in my life in Jesus name.

* Fresh fire of revival, fall upon my life in Jesus name.

* Father God endue my life with more grace to live for you in Jesus name.

* Thank you for hearing and answering my prayers in Jesus name.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

Leviticus 13:1-59;  Mark 12:28-44;  Pro 6:20-28

PROPHETIC DECLARATION FOR TODAY

Today I release fresh breath of the Holy Spirit into your life in Jesus name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP

LIGHT FOR THE WAY (Daily Devotional) Friday 29th May 2020 TOPIC: THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP TEXT: "I will be there God, and t...