header

header

Wednesday 13 January 2016

MIRACLE NOT MAGIC

LIGHT FOR THE WAY
(Daily Devotional)

Wednesday 13th January 2016

TOPIC: MIRACLE NOT MAGIC

TEXT: John 10:38

"Though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and believe that the father is in me, and I in Him"

Did Jesus really walked in water or simply use some nearby sand bar? Did he actually multiply bread and fish to feed 5,000 or just hypnotize the crowd into thinking He did? Was it miracle or magic?
A christian illusionist once explored those questions for a BBC television program he set aside his personal beliefs to examine the biblical miracles with an open mind. The program was concluded that Jesus could not have tricked people into believing they had witnessed a miracle. In other words, it wasn't magic but real miracles.

But many who actually saw Jesus miracles refused to believe that He was the Messiah. They were ready to execute Him for claiming to be the son of God(John10:30-31).
Jesus told them, "if I do not the works of my father, do not believe me; but if I do, though you not believe me, believe (the miracles), that you may know and believe that the father is in me and I in Him"(v:37-38).
The miracles of Jesus identified Him as the son of God, the Saviour who had come to give His life for the sins of the world. His works and resurrection were not magic tricks, but miracles of love and grace. So believe in God and you will believe in miracles, believe in His Son and you will experience miracles today

PRAYER POINT
Father God I believe that you are a miracle worker, do amazing things in my life today in Jesus name.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

Genesis 21-23; Matthew 8: 23-34; Matthew 9:1-13; Psalm 7:10-17

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP

LIGHT FOR THE WAY (Daily Devotional) Friday 29th May 2020 TOPIC: THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP TEXT: "I will be there God, and t...