header

header

Wednesday 4 September 2019

HEARING THE VOICE OF GOD

LIGHT FOR THE WAY
(daily Devotional)

Wednesday 4th September 2019

TOPIC :  HEARING THE VOICE OF GOD

TEXT: "My sheep hears my voice...." (John 10:27 KJV)

God wants to speak to you. But many times you have sat there thinking to yourself, “How come I feel like I can’t hear God…ever?” There are periods of time where we all might experience this and I’d like to share with you some common reasons why you might not be able to hear God after which we will discuss how to hear Him:

1.)  He’s silent
Many times we can’t experience God’s voice simply because he is silent. This always reminds me of the quote, “Remember, the teacher is always silent during the test.”
Ask yourself, what might God be trying to teach me? Examine if there is anything in your life that God might be trying to change. Also, sometimes God’s silence is the best way to get us to move and communicate with us.

2.) My voice is too big
It’s hard to hear God when we are the only voice we are listening too. We often get so immersed in our own problems and our own lives that all of a sudden our voice leaves no room for God’s voice. Always remember that in order for us to fully hear God, we must quiet our own voice to hear his.

3.) Failure to recognize His voice
From my own personal experience, in order to hear God’s voice requires practice. That’s right, I said practice. Why? Like any relationship, we must be willing to put in the time, patience, and effort into our relationship with God in order to hear him. If we do though, it will go a long way in order to hear him better.

4.) Listening to others
Just like our own voice can get in the way, other people’s voices can also interfere with our ability to hear God. For example, how many times have you been in a situation where people were constantly giving their own opinions about what to do? It’s easy to get caught up in what everyone else is saying but the most important voice we must listen to is God’s voice.

5). I don’t want to listen. Sometimes we simply don’t want to listen to God. I think this is most common when we knowingly are doing something wrong and yet we don’t want to change or give it up.
I hope these common problems of why you might not be able to hear God’s voice help your understand and provide ways you can change it. I know God desires to communicate and have an intimate relationship with you, so don’t give up and keep pressing forward!

ACTION PLAN FOR TODAY
Start practicing the art of hearing God's voice today

WORD CONFESSION FOR TODAY
I am an evidence that Jesus Christ is alive and at work. Today I declare that my ears are opened to hear, my heart is opened to understand and my eyes are opened to see the things are God is showing unto me.

PRAYER POINTS

*Father God thank you for your faithfulness and mercy over my life and family in Jesus name

*Father God, open my heart, spiritual ears and eyes to hear you. I reject confusion and distractions in Jesus name.

*Father God, today I ask that you order my feet to the paths of peace and prosperity in Jesus name.

*Father God remove every spiritual clogs that are not allowing me to hear you in Jesus name

*Father God, sharpen my spiritual sensitivity so I can easy pick heavenly signals in Jesus name.

*Father God, I reject the burden to confusion and misdirection in my life and destiny in Jesus name

*Thank you Father for hearing and answering my prayers in Jesus name


1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

2 Kings 14:23-29, 2 Kings 15Acts 25:23-27, Acts 26:1-23Proverbs 16:18-27

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE FOR TODAY

"God will shout during your storms, whisper during your sunshine and sing during the rarest rainbows you will encounter."

Shannon L. Alder

THE PROPHETIC DECLARATION FOR TODAY

The Sovereign LORD says today that your distress has not escaped My notice. As you have cried out to Me so I have heard your voice. You have desired change and change is available. Change is not a far off nor a distant proposition. Those things you have looked at in your life that have brought grief and distress of soul are well within My capacity and willingness to adjust, make different and bring you out into a new and fresh dispensation of My favor.


For more prayers and counseling contact

Pastor Tunde Daniels

           @

Fragrance Of Christ Church Int’l

3 Funso Oka street, BY Lucas Junction, Olowo, Obawole,  Iju Ifako-Ijaiye Lagos

Tel: 08098863321, 08136677555
Email: tundedaniels@gmail.com ; fragrancelag@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP

LIGHT FOR THE WAY (Daily Devotional) Friday 29th May 2020 TOPIC: THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP TEXT: "I will be there God, and t...