header

header

Saturday 1 September 2018

LOVING BEYOND THE LIMITS

From The Desk of Pastor Tunde Daniels

LIGHT FOR THE WAY
(Daily Devotional)

Saturday 1st September 2018

TOPIC:   LOVING BEYOND THE LIMITS

TEXT:  “A friend loveth at all times… (Proverbs 17:17kjv)

Relationships at  all levels can be very challenging because we will sometimes encounter those people who are either difficult to live with or work with. They may be negative Thomas or know it Peter, either way they can create a very frustrating work environment or hostile livelihood to us if you let them. Here are some ways you can meet the challenge and relate beyond the limits

1) Don’t join them: Don’t allow yourself get caught up in the negative ‘Do me I do you’ trap of negative behavior. Even if your colleague gets away with been difficult, know that there are people watching them, but more importantly people are watching your reaction to them. Be willing to exhibit grace under fire and stay above the fray.
2) Silence is not always golden: You might say listening without saying anything is the path of least resistance. Part of meeting the challenges difficult people represent is finding your voice and challenging their false assumptions, interpretations and believes. Your failure to do so may be interpreted as agreement by both the difficult person and the people around you.
3) Focus on the behavior and not on the person: When giving feedbacks or addressing the issues, emphasize the person’s action instead of the person. Providing feedbacks focus on three things: The situation, the behavior the person exhibit and the impact of their behavior on you or the situation.
4) Challenge absolute statements: difficult people live in a world of black and white without the skill to navigate the many shades of grey that workplace and family creates. They use such absolutes like ‘always and never’. For instance they might say ‘Mary is always late’. But it’s always good to challenge the fact the person in question was late that day but was early other days.

Above all with the love of God flowing through us we can look at such difficult people as one in whom God is still perfecting His work. This perspective will make pray for them and help in nurturing them to maturity in God.

ACTION PLAN FOR TODAY
Endeavour to see everyone you meet as a project in the hand of God and relate with them as such.


WORD CONFESSION

I am an evidence that Jesus Christ is alive and at work. Today I declare that I am a new creature, I am not whom I used to be, I don’t do things I used to do, my heart is filled with God’s love. So I love the unlovable in Jesus name

PRAYER POINTS

*Father God, thank you for bringing me and my family into this great and wonderful weekend and this brand new month in Jesus name

*Father God, give me the grace and the patience to relate with those you have put in my life in Jesus name

*Father God, let your love flow through my heart to love the unlovable in Jesus name

*Father God, I pray for your transformation power on……………………….so he/she will be a better person in Jesus name

*Father God, let your transformation power rest on me so I can be a person in Jesus name

*Father God, let the power of the new life begin to flow in my family and office in Jesus name

*Thank you Father God for hearing and answering my prayers in Jesus name

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

2 Kings 4:38-44, 2 Kings 5, 2 Kings 6:1-23 Acts 21:27-40, Acts 22:1-22 Psalm 79:1-13

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

“No man is superior who feel superior to his fellow men but he is superior who feels superior to his former self”

PROPHETIC DECLARATIONS FOR TODAY

I declare this day that the grace to walk in Christ unconditional love rests on you now  in Jesus name






For more Prayers & counselling contact us at

Fragrance Of Christ Church Int’l
Modupe House, 152 Iju Road, By Conoil Filling Station
Fagba B/Stop Iju Ifako-Ijaiye Lagos

Tel: 08098863321, 08136677555
Email: tundedaniels@gmail.com ; fragrancelag@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP

LIGHT FOR THE WAY (Daily Devotional) Friday 29th May 2020 TOPIC: THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP TEXT: "I will be there God, and t...