header

header

Saturday 6 October 2018

VICTORY OVER TEMPTATIONS

From The Desk of Pastor Tunde Daniels

LIGHT FOR THE WAY
(Daily Devotional)

Saturday 6th October 2018

TOPIC: VICTORY OVER TEMPTATIONS

TEXT: "Jesus was led up to the wilderness to be tempted by the devil." (Matthew 4:1)


Eden was a breathtakingly a beautiful garden all year round it was in that garden that Adam and Eve bask in the stunning creation of God and the joy of perfect harmony with Him and with each other. Until satan  arrived on the scene, bringing weeds, thorns destruction and death.
You can't help but notice the contrast between the landscape of Genesis 1 and Matthew 4. The same tempter who once entered God's garden now welcomes God to his turf--the dangerous, barren wilderness.
The wilderness can be the picture of what the world and life becomes  when satan  has his way. With one decisive blow, the joy of Eden was replaced by the barrenness of shame(Gen3). But Jesus was victorious over satan's turf (Matthew 4). In that victory, He too gives us hope that we too can have victory. A victory that assures us that the day is coming when we will no longer toil in satan's  wilderness but be ushered into the fullness of God's blessing, where the joy of Eden will be ours for ever. Now that's something to look forward to. As you journey through this life that seem like a wilderness of temptations,  Christ victory is yours in Jesus name.

ACTION PLAN FOR TODAY
Avoid every appearances of evil that can lead you to sin against God

WORD CONFESSION FOR TODAY
I am an evidence that Jesus Christ is alive and at work. I declare that the strength of the Almighty is upholding me. The grace of the LORD is sufficient for me. Christ's victory is mine and  I walk in daily victory over the wiles of the enemy in Jesus name

PRAYER POINTS

*Father God thank you for this wonderful day in Jesus name

*Father God lead me not into temptations and deliver me from all evil in Jesus name

*Father God, give me victory over every temptations that the enemy is throwing up around me in Jesus name

*Father God, make a way of escape for me from every temptations in Jesus name

*Father God, strengthen my will against sinfulness in Jesus name

*Father God, by the power of the Holy Spirit, I put off the old man and put on the new man in Jesus name

*Father God, sanctify me for a life of holiness and righteousness in Jesus name

*Father God, command deliverance for me from trials and temptations in Jesus name

*Father God, I destroy every satanic traps set to destroy me in Jesus name

*Father God grant me more grace to live and stand for you in Jesus name

*Thank you Father for hearing and answering my prayers in Jesus name.

1YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

1 Chronicles 28, 1 Chronicles 29 1 Corinthians 5 Psalm 93:1-5

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE FOR TODAY

"...And when my heart is overwelmned...lead me to the rock that is higher than I"

--Psalm

THE PROPHETIC DECLARATION FOR TODAY
I command every yoke of sin to be shattered in your life in Jesus name. You are delivered and released to live the life of holiness and righteousness in Jesus mighty name.




For more Prayers & counseling contact us at

Fragrance Of Christ Church Int’l
Modupe House, 152 Iju Road, By Conoil Filling Station
Fagba B/Stop Iju Ifako-Ijaiye Lagos

Tel: 08098863321(whatsapp);  08136677555
Email: tundedaniels@gmail.com ; fragrancelag@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP

LIGHT FOR THE WAY (Daily Devotional) Friday 29th May 2020 TOPIC: THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP TEXT: "I will be there God, and t...