header

header

Tuesday 23 May 2017

POWER TO OVERCOME

LIGHT FOR THE WAY
(Daily Devotional)

Tuesday 23rd May 2017


TOPIC: POWER TO OVERCOME

TEXT:  Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you (Luke 10:19).

Life definitely isn’t a problem-free bed of roses! While we know this is true, we also shouldn’t expect it to be a bed of poison ivy either! As believers we need to look at our lives and know that we have the ability to overcome the problems that are caused by demonic powers. We shouldn’t live in fear of some pending attack lurking around the corner. We need a stronger mind-set that is confident that Jesus Christ will enable us to live in victory above these things. Jesus told His disciples that they could walk over the power of the devil. He reiterated to them that nothing has the power to harm them. This explains why He could escape the hands of His would-be killers early in His ministry (see Luke 4:30). It explains why Peter could be broken out of prison by an angel just before his scheduled execution (see Acts 12). I once heard someone say, “If the devil could kill you, he would have already done so, but the fact that he hasn’t means he cannot!”

We need more established confidence today that we have the power to walk over the attacks of demons rather than them walking over us. Know what belongs to you today, because the devil and all his power is under your feet!



WORD CONFESSION
I am an evidence that Jesus Christ is alive and at work, I declare this day that I have victory over every works of the enemy. I tread upon serpents and scorpions and nothing shall by any means hurt me in Jesus name


PRAYER POINTS
*Father God, thank you for your faithfulness and mercy over my life and family in Jesus name
*I command that every satanic wiles around my life be frustrated in Jesus name
*Lord God, locate and expose where the enemy is hiding to afflict me in Jesus name
*O Lord, command deliverance for me and my family in Jesus name
*I Command every demonic devices organized against my progress today be destroyed now in Jesus name
Me and my family takes refuge in the blood of Jesus today in Jesus name
*I command every contracts, intentions and agenda of hell against me and mine today be destroyed by fire in Jesus name
*O Lord go into this day as a man of war and  cut off whatever will hinder me from breaking through and breaking forth in Jesus name
*Thank you Lord for hearing and answering my prayers in Jesus name

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

Deuteronomy 9, Deuteronomy 10 Luke 12:1-34 Psalm 42:7-11

SUCCESS QUOTE OF THE DAY

"There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed."

-- Ray Goforth

THE PROPHETIC DECLARATIONS FOR TODAY

*This is the day that the Lord has made, you shall rejoice and be glad. Whatever the enemy has planned and programmed into this day to cause you sadness and grieve, I command they are frustrated and terminated now in Jesus name

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP

LIGHT FOR THE WAY (Daily Devotional) Friday 29th May 2020 TOPIC: THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP TEXT: "I will be there God, and t...