header

header

Wednesday 31 May 2017

REVIVING THE ZEAL

LIGHT FOR THE WAY
(Daily Devotional)


Wednesday 31st May 2017

TOPIC: REVIVING THE ZEAL

TEXT: “And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up” (John 2:17).

Diminishing church attendance and involvement seems to be becoming an epidemic. People have lost interest in getting deeply involved in a local church. Some of this is understandable when people have had a bad experience with church or felt like a ministry mishandled them or others. However, I always like to compare it like this: We don’t quit going to doctors or eating at restaurants because of bad experiences. Bad experiences are to be expected with anything, even in Christendom. If you get two people in any room long enough, Christian or not, there will be problems eventually! Bad experiences are par for the course, so we cannot let it excuse us from getting behind God’s ministries and local churches. None of them are perfect, but God still has given them a starring role in furthering the Gospel, and we have to support what God endorses.

Friend, the work of God’s Kingdom is under siege. The Kingdom of Heaven suffers violence, but it’s the violent that take it by force (see Matt. 11:12). In other words, it’s the determined warriors of God who, in spite of setbacks or even bad experiences, are going to dig their heals in and get involved. God loves His churches and ministries, so let’s defy the odds and let a passion cause us to be consumed for His house today!



WORD CONFESSION

I am evidence that Jesus Christ is alive and at work. I receive fresh fire today, I reject the spirit of lethargy, spiritual laziness and indifference. The zeal of the Lord’s house is at work in me now in Jesus name


PRAYER POINTS

*Father thank you for your faithfulness and mercy that has been at work in my life and family in Jesus name
*Every spirit that makes wants to make me depart from my guiding light be cast out of my life now in Jesus name
* O Lord God set my heart on fire and turn me into flaming fire for you in Jesus name
*I break the hold of the spirit of discouragement at work in my life in Jesus name
*Every power quenching the fire of glory in my life, be destroyed in Jesus name
*Any spirit causing spiritual lethargy and laziness in my walk with God, be gone from me now in Jesus name
*Lord God, let the zeal for your kingdom consume now in Jesus name
*Lord God, open the door to my spiritual breakthrough and bring me into new realm in Jesus name
*Thank you Lord for answering my prayers in Jesus name


1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

Deuteronomy 26, Deuteronomy 27, Deuteronomy 28:1-14          Luke 17:11-37 Psalm 46:1-11

SUCCESS QUOTE FOR TODAY

“The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.”
-Socrates

PROPHETIC DECLARATIONS FOR TODAY


The Sovereign LORD says today “Let the zeal for My house burn within you. For my longing desire is to further My work through ministries and churches. Help My passion, says the Spirit, for I even call you this day to be consumed by a passion for My Kingdom.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP

LIGHT FOR THE WAY (Daily Devotional) Friday 29th May 2020 TOPIC: THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP TEXT: "I will be there God, and t...