header

header

Thursday 14 December 2017

FOLLOW HARD AFTER GOD

LIGHT FOR THE WAY
(Daily Devotional)
Thursday 13th December 2017

TOPIC : FOLLOW HARD AFTER GOD

TEXT:  "The multitude... cried out, saying "Hossana to the son of David" (Matthew 21: 9)

If you follow sports at all, you know that sport fans can change like the weather. A teams player can hear seventy thousand cheering voices if he does well or seventy thousand booing voices if he messes up.
Sport figures easily fall from grace because people are fickle--eager to follow the one who makes them feel good, yet willing to turn against that same person if all does not go well.
Scriptures contains of examples of fickleness that is far more serious. A great multitude in Jerusalem, praised, honored and cheered Jesus on the Sunday He entered the city riding on the donkey(Matthew 21:6-11). But just a few days later, some of those same people may have been in the crowd calling for Jesus' crucifixion (27:20-23). On Sunday, they worshipped Him, but on Friday they didn't want Him around anymore.
Let's not waver in our relationship with the Lord. Sometimes we worship Jesus heartily on Sunday, but the very next day we live as if we find His presence repulsive and intrusive. Or we tell him on Sunday that we love Him, then fail to obey Him throughout the week.
Don't be a fickle follower, be a committed follower--worship Him every day, not just on Sundays. Worshipping God should be a full time experience. So stay focused and follow hard after Him today

ACTION PLAN FOR TODAY

Ask to what level am I willing to follow God today and every day

WORD CONFESSION FOR TODAY
I am an evidence that Jesus Christ is alive and at work. Today I declare that my life is totally dedicated to God's worship and praise today and every day in Jesus name. Amen.

PRAYER POINTS
*Father God thank you for your faithfulness over my life and family in Jesus name
*Father God, I dedicated my life to you afresh and anew in Jesus name
*Father God  revive my commitment unto you in Jesus name.
*Father God, remove whatever that's hindering me from following you wholly in Jesus name
*Father God, I receive more and more grace to live for you in Jesus mighty fine
*Father God, let your faithfulness and mercy continue to keep me and my family in Jesus name
*Father God, let every evil programmed into this month be frustrated concerning me and my family in Jesus name
*Father God, let every devices of the wicked concerning my life and family be destroyed by fire in Jesus name
*Father God, No evil news shall be heard concerning me and my family in Jesus name
*Father God, I and my family will not go down with 2017 in Jesus name
*Thank you Father for hearing and answering my prayers in Jesus name

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

Lamentations 2:7-27, Lamentations 3:1-39 Philemon 1 Psalm 119:121-128

PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY

“This is the time, yes it is pay back time, says
the Lord! Know that all your work shall be
rewarded and what the enemy has tried to steal
from your hand shall be brought back to you in
its full measure during this season"

For more Prayers & counseling contact us at

Fragrance Of Christ Church Int’l
Modupe House, 152 Iju Road, By Conoil Filling Station
Fagba B/Stop Iju Ifako-Ijaiye Lagos
Tel: 08098863321, 08136677555
Email: tundedaniels@gmail.com ; fragrancelag@yahoo.com

To Make Donations
Pastor Tunde Daniels
3042199394 FIRST BANK   OR
0232114732 GTB

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP

LIGHT FOR THE WAY (Daily Devotional) Friday 29th May 2020 TOPIC: THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP TEXT: "I will be there God, and t...