header

header

Friday 21 October 2016

SHIELDED BY THE ANOINTING

LIGHT FOR THE WAY
(Daily Devotional)

Friday 21st October 2016

Topic:

Text: Psalms 27:5   "For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock."


Although Jesus was the Son of God, people who
knew Him tried countless ways to bring him
down to something less than He was. When He
came back to His hometown, they treated Him
like He was nothing more than a carpenter’s son
whose family they had known for years (see
Mark 6:1-6). They downplayed His anointing so
much that it limited His miracles. At one point,
when Jesus was being pressed upon by
multitudes, His friends and family went to get
Him out of the situation and went so far to say,
“He has lost His mind” (see Mark 3:21; John
7:5). They went to His location and began
hollering for Him until He said, “Who are my
mother and brothers, but those who do God’s
will!” (See Mark 3:31-35.) Jesus’ mother was in
that group! However, Jesus was covered by the
anointing and no matter how they tried to belittle
Him, His power kept rising.
There will always be people who will only see
you after the flesh. They will go back to when
you were little and talk about how you haven’t
changed. Just smile and know that your life is
covered in Christ. Your old man is gone and the
anointing upon you now will grow until human
opinion can’t hold it back. You are safely hidden
by the anointing.

PRAYER

Father, I thank You that the anointing I have in
Christ covers me and makes up for my
shortcomings. Help me be confident and learn to
live free from fleshly human opinion. I am safely
hidden in You. Amen.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

Jeremiah 21,
Jeremiah 22,
Jeremiah
23:1-8
1
Thessalonians
2:17-19, 1
Thessalonians
3
Psalm
119:9-16

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP

LIGHT FOR THE WAY (Daily Devotional) Friday 29th May 2020 TOPIC: THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP TEXT: "I will be there God, and t...