header

header

Thursday 27 July 2017

KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE LORD




LIGHT FOR THE WAY
(Daily Devotional)
Thursday 27th July 2017




TOPIC: KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE LORD


TEXT:   "…Neither know we what to do: but our eyes are upon thee "(2 Chronicles 20:12).



The famous story of King Jehoshaphat who was attacked by an army that outnumbered him gives us a constant reminder that we cannot put our
eyes on natural solutions in tough situations (see 2 Chron. 20). Jehoshaphat was attacked by the Ammonites, whose army was much larger than his own. 


He immediately knew he didn’t have the military might to retaliate. It looked like certain
death, and he didn’t have anywhere to turn other than to rely solely upon the Lord.
Everyone has faced something challenging when they simply didn’t know where to turn. Every option seemed like no option at all. While we should rely on the Lord in all things, these are times when we need an unwavering confidence. The Bible says that Jehoshaphat and all of Judah stood before the Lord. They didn’t do anything else but pray because there was no point in doing anything else! They stood before
the Lord and said, “Lord, we don’t know what to do, but our eyes are upon you” (see 2 Chron. 20:12). When they did so, God gave them direction and He stepped in with a miracle and caused the army of the Ammonites to begin killing their own soldiers! Now, how does that happen? It’s God! So make a habit in your life of just standing before the Lord and simply saying, “Lord, my eyes are upon thee!”


WORD CONFESSION

I am an evidence that Jesus Christ is alive and at work. I declare that this day that my eyes upon the Lord. I will not be confounded neither will I be put to shame in Jesus name


PRAYER POINTS

*Father thank you for bringing me and my family into this new day in Jesus name
*Father give me grace to stay focused on you regardless of the situation in my life in Jesus name
*O Lord God concerning………………………my eyes are upon you, let me not be put to shame
*I command the shame and reproach of unmet needs to be terminated in my life in Jesus name
*O Lord God let the doors of supernatural answers be opened at the four corners of the earth for me now in Jesus name
*O Lord you are the rewarder of the righteous, let astounding solutions locate me for a lifelong testimony in Jesus name
*O Lord God, locate and resolve every unpleasant financial in my life in Jesus name
*O Lord God, locate and resolve every unpleasant emotional and marital situation in my life in Jesus name
*O Lord God, locate and resolve every unpleasant situation in my career in Jesus name
Thank you Lord for resolving the issues of my life and giving me testimonies to share in Jesus name


1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

2 Samuel 16:15-23, 2 Samuel 17, 2 Samuel 18:1-18 Acts 7:20-43 Psalm 72:1-20

SUCCESS QUOTE FOR TODAY

 "I never did anything worth doing by accident, nor did any of my inventions come indirectly through accident, except the phonograph. No, when I have fully decided that a result is worth getting, I go about it, and make trial after trial, until it comes."

-- Thomas Edison

PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY
                                                                             
The Sovereign Lord says today “Look to this next season of your life as a season of fulfillment, says the Lord. Declare it your season of abundance and blessing. Say from your lips, ‘No more disappointment’ and then expect the things that once disappointed you to be no more.”



For Prayers And Counselling contact us at

Fragrance Of Christ Church Int’l
Modupe House, 152 Iju Road, By Conoil Filling Station
Fagba B/Stop Iju Ifako-Ijaiye Lagos

Tel: 08098863321, 08136677555

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP

LIGHT FOR THE WAY (Daily Devotional) Friday 29th May 2020 TOPIC: THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP TEXT: "I will be there God, and t...