header

header

Friday 15 April 2016

BREAKING THE SPIRIT OF JEZEBEL

LIGHT FOR THE WAY
  (Daily Devotional)

Friday 15th April 2016

Topic: Breaking The spirit of Jezebel

Text: "Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate
that woman Jezebel… (Revelation 2:20 NIV)"

The Bible says that the Church of Thyatira was
tolerating Jezebel. Obviously it wasn’t the literal
Jezebel of the Old Testament who by now was
dead. It was the demonic spirit that once ruled
through her. A spirit of Jezebel has two main
goals: First, to attack the prophetic Word of the
Lord. Literal Jezebel attacked it by killing God’s
prophets. She threatened Elijah with death (see 1
Kings 19:1-2). It affected his confidence so
badly that he ran and hid. Second, Jezebel offers
a tainted version of the truth. Revelation 2:20
says she did this at Thyatira. Because they
tolerated it, perhaps out of wrong motives or
even because of ignorance or fear, they were led
astray.
Like Elijah, a Jezebel spirit attacks the prophetic
word in your heart and uses circumstances to
make you second-guess it. Secondly, it wants to
make you question your beliefs so you will
compromise, like Thyatira. To break its power,
first get alone with God. Elijah got alone and
heard again the Lord’s voice to regain his
confidence (see 1 Kings 19:9-15). Secondly,
reaffirm what you believe from Scripture. Had
Thyatira done that, they might not have tolerated
her. Don’t tolerate any hint of a Jezebel spirit.
Rise up today and tell it to go in Jesus’ Name!

PRAYER
Father, open my eyes today to the operation of
Jezebel against my life. I refuse to tolerate that
spirit. I also reaffirm that I believe the prophetic
words spoken over me and I hold fast to my
biblical beliefs. I bind a Jezebel spirit, in Jesus’
Name. Amen!

1YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

Deuteronomy 21-22; Luke 16:1-18; Proverbs 9:13-18

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP

LIGHT FOR THE WAY (Daily Devotional) Friday 29th May 2020 TOPIC: THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP TEXT: "I will be there God, and t...