header

header

Wednesday 20 April 2016

GOD HEARS YOUR WORD

LIGHT FOR THE WAY
  (Daily Devotional)

Wednesday 20th April 2016

Topic: God Hears Your Words

Text: "…Thy words were heard, and I am come for thy
words" (Daniel 10:12).


There is a lot of speaking that goes on in the
world in any given day. I think about some of the
not so nice words I hear on television or in
public, and I imagine how much God must get
weary hearing all the bad things spoken every
day worldwide. That said, I think God is anxious
to hear our words when they line up with His
Holy Word. I can picture the heavenly hosts and
the Lord Himself just scanning the planet waiting
to hear godly, Bible-based speech. In the story of
Daniel, there was an angel who was literally
assigned and waiting to go get Daniel’s words.
One reason is that Daniel was one of those who
used his words correctly, so Heaven was eager
to gather and utilize his words for a good
purpose.
Undoubtedly, God and the angels are still waiting
for God’s words to be spoken through us from
the earth (see Ps. 103:20). Words are powerful.
God created the world with words. Proverbs
18:21 says that our words produce either life or
death and even set nature in motion (see James
3:6). Prayer itself is a series of words.
Amazingly, God uses
human words to carry out His plans upon earth.
Speak some words today that you want the
angels to hear so they can be released to move.
Remember today that your words are heard!

PRAYER
Father, I release words of blessing today as I
speak Your Word. Let my words be sweet in Your
hearing and cause them to release the angels to
bring to pass the things I say. In Jesus’ Name,
amen.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

Deuteronomy 31; Luke 29:1-14; Psalm 48;1-8

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP

LIGHT FOR THE WAY (Daily Devotional) Friday 29th May 2020 TOPIC: THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP TEXT: "I will be there God, and t...