header

header

Friday 4 October 2019

THE BENEFITS OF HUMILITY

LIGHT FOR THE WAY
(Daily Devotional)

Friday 4th October 2019

TOPIC: THE BENEFITS OF HUMILITY

TEXT: "Cloth yourself with humility" (1Peter 5:5
KJV)

Apostle Peter writes, cloth yourself with humility...for God is opposed to the proud but gives grace to the humble. Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your cares on Him, because He cares for you (1Peter 5:5-7). Peter expressed four very important thoughts, let's look at them each of them:

1) When Peter said cloth yourself with humility he actually was referring to a white scarf or apron typically worn by servants. Did you get that? We are called to be servants. Though we carry the anointing of a king God wants us to wear the crown with great humility.

2)'God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble'. Those who are self centered find themselves at odd with God while the humble enjoy His blessing

3) 'Humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God that He may exalt you in due time. The phrase ''the mighty hand of God is used in scriptures to symbolize two things: God hands of discipline and His hand of deliverance. And you need both. So submit to His discipline today and you will enjoy His deliverance.

4) Casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.' Peter addresses the core issue worry that if we don't look out for ourselves nobody else will. But if we really believe that God cares for us, we needn't worry about serving our own interests. We can focus on the needs of others, confident that God will spare nothing when it comes to meeting our needs.

ACTION PLAN FOR TODAY
Be deliberate about being humble. See others the way God see them

WORD CONFESSION FOR TODAY

I am an evidence that Jesus Christ is alive and at work. I declare this day that  the grace for  humility is at work in my life. I rise and live above limitations and frustrations in Jesus name.


PRAYER POINTS

*Father God thank  you for this day that you have made for me to rejoice and be glad

*Father God let the grace for humility rest on me now in Jesus name

*Father God, where the enemy has forcefully bowed my head, raise me up so that your glory will be seen in my life in Jesus name

*Father God, as I go into this day let your Al-mightiness go before me into this new day to give uncommon testimonies in Jesus name

*Father God, let your favour get for me what my efforts can't get for me in Jesus name

*Father God, break every satanic resistance on my way of career and business breakthroughs today in Jesus name

* Today I command every power delaying  my good testimonies to be destroyed now in Jesus name

*Thank you Father for giving me good testimonies today in Jesus name

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

1 Chronicles 22, 1 Chronicles 231 Corinthians 2:6-16Psalm 91:9-16

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE THE WAY

"The lower you go in humility the higher you walk in authority"

THE PROPHETIC DECLARATION FOR TODAY

As you go into this day I command the broken link between you and God's undeniable answers be mended now. And command the inflow of your good expectations this day in Jesus name.



For more Prayers & counseling contact

Pastor Tunde Daniels

               @

Fragrance Of Christ Church Int’l

3 Funso Oka, street, by Lucas Junctikn, Olowo Kfarm, off Bola Ahmed Tinubu Rd,
Iju Ifako-Ijaiye Lagos

Tel: 08098863321(whatsapp);  08136677555
Email: tundedaniels@gmail.com ; fragrancelag@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP

LIGHT FOR THE WAY (Daily Devotional) Friday 29th May 2020 TOPIC: THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP TEXT: "I will be there God, and t...