header

header

Saturday 16 November 2019

GOD'S SOLUTION FOR STRESS

LIGHT FOR THE WAY
(Daily Devotional)

Saturday 16th November 2019


TOPIC : GOD'S SOLUTION FOR STRESS

TEXT: "On the seventh day  He rested from all His works(Genesis 2:2)




Are you tired all the time even after sleeping? Do you keep going to the doctors and they can't find anything wrong with you? You may be experiencing the symptoms of burnout. Long periods of overexertion can cause fatigue, sleeplessness and stress. Some other signals of burn out are crying for no reason, being easily angered, insecurity, negativity, irritability, depression, cynicism and resentment towards the blessing of others. Recognize any of these in yourself?
One reason God establish the Sabbath was to keep us from burning out. The law of Sabbath simply states, we can work six days, but on the seventh we need to rest; also to spend time worshipping God and having fellowship with His people. Even God rested after six days work. Now since God doesn't get tired, clearly He is given us an example we should follow. In old testament, the land had rest after six years, no sowing and reaping was permitted in the seventh year(Exodus 23:10). During this time everything is recovered and prepared for future production.
We argue that we can't afford to take time off because we have deadlines to meet, the fact is we can't afford not to. Probably you say ' I will never get anything done if I do that'. Then you are too busy and something needs to change in your life. When you are too busy to obey God's command and follow His example, then you pay the price. What you sow you reap. If you sow continual stress with no rest to offset it, you will reap the result in your body, your mind, your emotions, your health and relationships. So change and rearrange your priorities and learn to take time off!  The most authentic cure for stress is rest!


ACTION PLAN FOR TODAY 
Deliberately take some time off from people and work  and rest


WORD CONFESSION FOR TODAY 
I am an evidence that Jesus Christ is alive and at work , today I declare that, God's rest, solutions and peace is my portion in Jesus name.,


PRAYER POINTS 

*Father God, thank you for bringing me and mine into  this great weekend in Jesus name

*Father God, thank you for your Sabbath of rest in my life in Jesus name 

*Father God, lay to rest whatever is causing consistent provocation and unrest in my life in Jesus name.

*Father God, let your peace permeate my life and take over my realm in Jesus name 

*Father God, let the circle of repeated problems in my life break by fire in Jesus name 

*Father God, overthrow and overturn every battle raging against my destiny advancements and fulfillment in Jesus name 

*Father God, stabilize me emotionally and keep me by your power in Jesus name

*Thank you Father for hearing and answering my prayers in Jesus name

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN 

Isaiah 43, Isaiah 44:1-23Galatians 3:26-29, Galatians 4:1-20Psalm 108:1-5

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE FOR TODAY 

"The discipline of rest is what eliminate cripple effects of stress"


THE PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY 

The Sovereign LORD says today...

I am the uncommon solution to what you are facing today. There is no temptation, no challenge befallen you, says the LORD,  except that which is common to man. I am your peace - I am Jehovah-Shalom. I will never leave you; therefore, your peace will never leave you. I am Jehovah-Jireh; therefore, your provision will never leave you. For all those things that I am to you, they can never be diminished or separated from you because I will never leave you nor forsake you.....




For More Prayers and Counseling contact 

Pastor Tunde Daniels 

Fragrance Of Christ Church Int’l
3 Funso Oka Street, by Lucas Junction Olowo kfarm, off Bola Ahmed Tinubu Rd
Iju Ifako-Ijaiye Lagos

Tel: 08056300366, 08136677555

Email: tundedaniels@gmail.com ; fragrancelag@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP

LIGHT FOR THE WAY (Daily Devotional) Friday 29th May 2020 TOPIC: THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP TEXT: "I will be there God, and t...