header

header

Monday 13 November 2017

AVOID THIS COSTLY MISTAKE

LIGHT FOR THE WAY
(Daily Devotional)
Tuesday 14th November 2017



TOPIC: AVOID THIS COSTLY MISTAKE



TEXT: “The men of Israel look them over and accepted the evidence but they didn’t ask God about it’ (Joshua 9:14)

One of the names of Jesus is wonderful Counselor. Meaning that Jesus wants to lead you. And if we adhere to his counsel, we can begin to experience his wonderful working power in our lives.


It’s hard to remain humble when you have just seen the red sea open for you to pass through, and seen the wall if Jericho come tumbling down. The tendency is that we become over confident, and overconfidence can be deadly! Flushed with victory the Israelites thought they didn’t need to consult God or listen to what God has to say about their next move. It’s quite a story: The crafty Gibeonites realized they couldn’t win against God’s people so they sent out a team of negotiators to make peace with them. And it worked! Even though they were lying, Joshua presumed they were telling the truth and signed the peace treaty. It was one of the biggest mistakes of his life. From that day the Gibeonites were a constant thorn in Israel’s side. Joshua lived to regret that he didn’t ask God about it. Fanny Cresby the blind song writer, wrote ‘O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear, all because we do not carry everything to God in prayer’
It’s frightening how we move from relying on God to relying on our intellect, or trusting a method because it worked in the past or we just do what everybody is doing. Hearing from God yourself is what gives you the edge. Leaving Him out gets you into trouble. If you have the tendency to move too quickly or to operate in your own strength and skill, pray for a red light in your spirit. Ask God to let you know when you are moving in your own will and strength rather than His. It will save untold heart ache and frustration. So avoid this mistake by all means by seeking His opinion as you go into this day   


ACTION PLAN FOR TODAY

Learn to listen to His voice daily by staying quiet in His presence after your prayers preferably in the morning hours of the day.

WORD CONFESSION
I am an evidence that Jesus Christ is alive and at work. Today I declare that my feet are ordered into God divine plan and will, I the wonderful counselor is going into this day with. I will not miss God’s ordained destiny in Jesus name




PRAYER POINTS
*Father God, thank you for your faithfulness and mercy over my life and family in Jesus name
*Father God, keep me from moving out of your will for my life in Jesus name
*Father God, my life is available, lead me into you glorious plan for my life this day in Jesus name
*Father God open my ears to hear you and my heart to receive what you are saying to me in Jesus name
*Father God, help me correct any mistake I have made as a result of self-help in Jesus name
*Father God, give me the spiritual sensitivity to pick heavenly signals for destiny fulfillment in Jesus name
*Father God make the crooked paths of my life straight in Jesus name
*Father God, let the Spirit of revelations walk with me into this day in Jesus name
*Thank you Lord for hearing and answering my prayers in Jesus name


1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

Zephaniah 1, Zephaniah 2, Zephaniah 3; Philippians 1:1-26; Proverbs 23:29-35, Proverbs 24:1-4

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE FOR TODAY

“As many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God

-Romans 8:14


PROPHETIC DECLARATIONS FOR TODAY
                                       
 I declare that as you go into this wonderful day, God will guide you in the way and bring you to the place that God has prepared in Jesus name.



For more Prayers & counseling contact us at

Fragrance Of Christ Church Int’l
Modupe House, 152 Iju Road, By Conoil Filling Station
Fagba B/Stop Iju Ifako-Ijaiye Lagos
                  
Tel: 08098863321(whatsapp);  08136677555
Email: tundedaniels@gmail.com ; fragrancelag@yahoo.com

To Make Donations
Pastor Tunde Daniels
3042199394 FIRST BANK   OR
0232114732 GTB































No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP

LIGHT FOR THE WAY (Daily Devotional) Friday 29th May 2020 TOPIC: THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP TEXT: "I will be there God, and t...