header

header

Tuesday 14 November 2017

LIVING THE NEW LIFE

LIGHT FOR THE WAY
(Daily Devotional)
Wednesday 15th November 2017
SPIRITUAL AWAKENING SERIES


TOPIC:  LIVING THE NEW LIFE


TEXT: “You must be born again…” (John 3:7)

To live the new life, you have got to experience the new birth. And the new birth requires that you are born of the spirit not of the flesh (See John 3:2-6). 

The Bible says 130 years after Adam sinned, he was still fathering children in his own likeness (Gen.5:3). And as Adam’s children we have all been with the nature of the fallen man. This is why people say ‘he is just like his old man’ or we say ‘my dad was an angry man now I have got his temper’. History repeats itself over and over through the fallen nature. Here is an interesting example, Abraham said of his wife Sarah ‘she is not my wife’ so Abimeleck king of Gerah sent and took her (Gen.20:2). Abraham was willing to sacrifice Sarah to safe his own neck. What would you have done? Remember Isaac was not even born when Abraham did this. Years later Isaac did the same thing at the same place (See Gen.26:7). It’s in our DNA it’s genetic. But there is good news! When we receive Jesus Christ into our lives as Lord and Saviour He breaks that circle. When you are born of the Spirit, you get a new father and a new nature (see John 3:2-6). You don’t have to walk in the likeness of your earthly father anymore. You can walk in the likeness of your earthly father and become like him every day. You can live the NEW LIFE made available to you by the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross of Calvary. The supernatural life is now yours to live naturally. Victory over sin and satan is now a reality. You can now be one with likeness of God. The only requirement is that we believe that Jesus is the Son of God. And that He died to take away your sin on the cross of Calvary. Are you fed up with your old nature and ways? Are you ready for new life through the new birth? Turn to Jesus today and pray the prayers below:

WORD CONFESSION
Lord Jesus I know I am a sinner, I believe you are Son of God. I believe in the atoning work on the cross of Calvary. I confess my Sins and I receive forgiveness for them. Come and take full control of my life from today in Jesus name.


PRAYER POINTS
*Father God, thank you for your faithfulness and mercy over my life and family in Jesus name
*Father God, I receive more and more grace to live for you in Jesus name
*Father God, let the benefits of redemption become a reality in life in Jesus name
*Father God, let the new life swallow up every old nature in my life in Jesus name
*Father God, let the blood of Jesus reverse the curses that has been at work against my life and destiny in Jesus name
*Father God, I receive spiritual strength to withstand every satanically programmed temptation against me in Jesus name
*Father God, uphold me so that I will not miss heaven in the last day in Jesus name
*Thank you Father God, for hearing and answering my prayers in Jesus name





1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

Jeremiah 1, Jeremiah 2:1-30, Philippians 1:27-30, Philippians 2:1-11;  Psalm 115:1-11

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

“A life without Christ will end up in crisis”

-Anonymous


THE PROPHETIC DECLARATIONS FOR TODAY

The power of sin and satan is broken off your life. I command the power of divine life to take over your livelihood now in Jesus name




For more Prayers & counseling contact us at

Fragrance Of Christ Church Int’l
Modupe House, 152 Iju Road, By Conoil Filling Station
Fagba B/Stop Iju Ifako-Ijaiye Lagos         
                       
Tel: 08098863321(whatsapp);  08136677555
Email: tundedaniels@gmail.com ; fragrancelag@yahoo.com

To Make Donations
Pastor Tunde Daniels
3042199394 FIRST BANK   OR
0232114732 GTB



No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP

LIGHT FOR THE WAY (Daily Devotional) Friday 29th May 2020 TOPIC: THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP TEXT: "I will be there God, and t...