header

header

Saturday 18 November 2017

RETURN TO YOUR FIRST LOVE

LIGHT FOR THE WAY
(Daily Devotional)
Saturday 18th November 2017
SPIRITUAL AWAKENING SERIES




TOPIC: RETURN TO YOUR FIRST LOVE

TEXT:  “Because thou has left thy first love” (Rev.2:4kjv)


We live in a fast paced world where many things are contesting for our attention. How do busy people living a fast paced and complicated lives get quality of godliness? By going to church? Evangelist Billy Sunday said “going to church will no more make you a Christian than going to a garage makes you an automobile’’. Your environment even a spiritual one will not necessarily make you spiritually godly.


Christ speaks to all of us ‘remember from where you’ve fallen and repent and do the deeds you did at first (Rev.4:5). Go back in your mind to your first days as a believer. I am sure you will remember the following:
1)      When you always wanted to talk about the Lord and it will feel your heart with delight. Do you still do that today? When was the last time that the focal point of your discussion was Jesus?
2)     When prayers and fellowship with the Lord was exciting and so refreshing. With whom and where do you spend the bulk of your time now?
3)     When the Bible was filled soul trilling insights you’ve never seen before. Can you tell the last thing you heard from God concerning any issue in your life?
4)     When sharing your faith with someone was the highlight of your week. Do you still identify as a Christian to those who don’t know at the office or at the shopping mall or do you just blend in?
5)     When your devotion, zeal, commitment and dedication to God were consistent fulfilling and enriching. What happened? Love for Christ and the things of God have gone cold!
Distance from God is a frightening thing because you don’t even know its happening!  Understand this; God will not accelerate His pace to catch up with ours. We will need to slow down in order to get back in step with Him. God will not speak when you are watching your popular soap on TV. No, we must seek quietness so we can hear His still small voice. God can’t be fitted into the framework of our complicated lives. We return to our first love. We must put Him first and keep Him there.


ACTION PLAN FOR TODAY
Answer sincerely all the questions above and take action to return where ever you might have gone far away from God.


WORD CONFESSION
I am an evidence that Jesus Christ is alive and at work. Today I declare that God overpowering grace is at work in my life, so I bring forth fruits of righteousness today and every day in Jesus name

PRAYER POINTS
*Father thank you for bringing me and my family into this glorious weekend in Jesus name
*Father God bring again to the that level of spiritual experience as at the beginning with you in Jesus name
*Father God, let the fire of revival break forth in my life and family in Jesus name
*Father God, let any power distracting me from the love of Christ be roasted in Jesus name
*Father God, grant me more and more grace to walk with and live for you in Jesus name
*Father God, purge me of every dead works that won’t allow me serve you and live for you in Jesus name
*Father God, let every spirit of spiritual laziness and lethargy operating in my life be cast out in Jesus name
*Father God, let the hold of the spirit of disobedience be broken off my life in Jesus name
*Father God, let me not fall by the way side, help me finish my race and make heaven in Jesus name
*Father God, thank you for keeping me from falling away from grace and for keeping me till the last day in Jesus name



1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

Jeremiah 6, Jeremiah 7:1-29            Philippians 4:2-23, Proverbs 24:5-14

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE FOR TODAY

“Consider what you owe to His immutability, though you have changed a thousand times, He has not changed once

-Charles Spurgeon

PROPHETIC DECLARATIONS FOR TODAY

I hear a voice in the heavenlies saying ‘come up, come up’. This day, there is a lifting for you. I am removing your lot from the dust and the dunghill; I am repositioning, rebranding and restoring you. All I require of you is to keep on looking up to me. Keep your lamp burning…all the dross of indignity, shame and reproach are taken away…it’s a new day!



For more Prayers & counseling contact us at

Fragrance Of Christ Church Int’l
Modupe House, 152 Iju Road, By Conoil Filling Station
Fagba B/Stop Iju Ifako-Ijaiye Lagos                    
Tel: 08098863321(whatsapp);  08136677555
Email: tundedaniels@gmail.com ; fragrancelag@yahoo.com


To Make Donations
Pastor Tunde Daniels
3042199394 FIRST BANK   OR
0232114732 GTB




























No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP

LIGHT FOR THE WAY (Daily Devotional) Friday 29th May 2020 TOPIC: THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP TEXT: "I will be there God, and t...