header

header

Friday 17 November 2017

THE CRUCIFIED LIFE

LIGHT FOR THE WAY
(Daily Devotional)
Friday 17th 2017
SPIRITUAL AWAKENING SERIES


TOPIC:  THE CRUCIFIED LIFE



TEXT: "I am crucified with Christ..."(Gal.2:20)


Paul writes 'I am crucified with Christ' those words are appealing as a root canal to our canal minds. Yet God's kingdom can only come and His will done in us when self  is crucified. In which area of your life are you hearing the hammering of the nail? Those are the un-surrendered areas of your life. I am sure these are the areas that gives you the most trouble!



Paul addressed the struggle between the flesh and the spirit we all face daily. Among those who belong to Christ, everything connected with getting our own way and mindlessly responding to what everyone else call necessities is killed for good, crucified!. Since this is the kind of life we have chosen; the life of the Spirit, let us not just hold it an idea in our heads or a sentiment on our hearts, but works out its implication in every detail of our lives(see Gal.5:24-25). What does it really mean to be crucified with Christ? Ruth Calvin writes; "At first Lord I ask you to take sides with Me...maintain my rights O Lord" but with all my pleadings I lay drenched in darkness until I surrender and cried "dont take sides, Lord just take over" and suddenly it was morning.
It was said that one day Martin Luther answered a knock at the door. 'Does Dr. Martin Luther live here? A man asked 'No Like Luther answered, 'he died, Christ lives here now' . When are crucified with Christ;  your rights, your ego, your comfort levels no longer matter. You say what does?  Dying to self and making Jesus Christ the LORD of your life.


ACTION PLAN FOR TODAY
Totally surrender your life to Jesus daily.

WORD CONFESSION FOR TODAY

I am an evidence that Jesus Christ is alive and is at work. I declare this day that I lay down my life for God to reign and rule in me. I surrender my will to the will of Christ in Jesus name. Amen!


PRAYER POINTS
*Father God thank you for this is the day that you have made for me and my family to be glad
*Father God, I surrender my will to your will. Take over in Jesus name.
*Father God, I receive grace to live for your glory in Jesus name
*Father God, I receive the enablement for a life of spiritual fruitfulness in Jesus name
*Father God, give the spiritual understanding to appreciate what you are doing in my life in Jesus name
*Father establish my faith on sure foundation in Jesus name
*Thank you Lord for hearing and answering my prayers in Jesus name.


1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Jeremiah 4:10-31, Jeremiah 5 Philippians 3, Philippians 4:1 Psalm 116:1-11

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES FOR TODAY

"Some of me, some of God, none of me, all of God"

PROPHETIC DECLARATION FOR TODAY
I decree that by the operation of the grace of God I decree an end to every spiritual struggle of your life in Jesus name.



For more information contact us

Fragrance of Christ Church Int'l Lagos
Tel: 08098863321; 08136677555
Email: tundedaniels@gmail.com, fragrancelag@yahoo.com


To make Donations
Pastor Tunde Daniels
3042199394 First Bank PLC or
0232114732 GTB

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP

LIGHT FOR THE WAY (Daily Devotional) Friday 29th May 2020 TOPIC: THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP TEXT: "I will be there God, and t...