header

header

Friday 20 October 2017

DEVELOPING THE RIGHT ATTITUDE FOR THE BLESSING

LIGHT FOR THE WAY
(Daily Devotional)
Friday 20th October 2017




TOPIC: DEVELOPING THE RIGHT ATTITUDE FOR THE BLESSING


TEXT: “ …I am old and my wife is well advanced in years”(Luk.1:12-18)

When an angel appeared to Mary and told her she will conceive, even though its not something she has been praying for, she said ‘let it be unto me according to your word’(Luk.1:38Nkjv). However, when an angel appeared to Zechariah, he was gripped with fear’.


 When the Angel told him ‘your prayers are answered…Elizabeth will bear you a son’ Zechariah asked ‘…How can I be sure? I am old and my wife is well advanced in Years’. What happens when God answers your prayers, when He gives you a son whose name has been determined, whose destiny has been decided? Or when He gives you a job you always wanted, the relationship you never thought you would ever have, or the ministry opportunity you didn’t think would come again. You can either say ‘I cant’ or “bring it on LORD!”

But when the time had fully come, God sent his son(Gal.4:4Niv) please note God doesn’t consult with us to make sure His  plans to bless you lines up with our time table and meet our approval. He simply directs our steps (Ps.37:23). He calls the shots, even when it means we have to run to keep up!

Sometimes however, God will shake your foundation in order to develop the character to handle certain kind of blessing. If you are a weight lifter you will understand that it’s easier to carry weight when you are standing on solid ground. If you are standing on a football for instance you can be sure the weight will come down and crush you. One of the meanings of the word glory is weight. Can you stand to be blessed? Do you have what it takes to handle God’s blessing when it comes?



ACTION PLAN FOR TODAY
*Do a self-check and ask yourself, how is my attitude when things are not so good. A person, that is given to anger when things are not so good, will likely be an arrogant person when the situation changes for the better.


WORD CONFESSION FOR TODAY
I am an evidence that Jesus Christ is alive and at work. I declare that I am what God says I am and I can do all that God says I can do.  



PRAYER
*Father thank you for bringing me and my family into this wonderful day day in Jesus name
*Father God, position me to receive your blessing this day in Jesus name
*Father God, let battle surrounding my blessing be terminated by fire in Jesus name
*Father God, as the year is been wound up, let my expectation not be cut short in Jesus name
*Father God, let the grace for last minute miracle fall on me now in Jesus name
*Father God, I refuse to live below the redemptive privilege of God for my life in Jesus name
Father God, deal with the negative attitude that is denying me your blessing in Jesus name
*Father God, my faith says yes to what you want to do in my life in Jesus name
*Father God, Thank you for hearing and answering my prayers in Jesus name


1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

Isaiah 5:8-30, Isaiah 6, Isaiah 7, Isaiah 8:1-10      2 Corinthians 7:2-16; Psalm 105:23-36

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE FOR TODAY
“Patience is not about waiting, but the ability to keep good attitude while waiting”


THE PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY
I declare today your hope will not be lost. God will shake the heavens and the earth on your behalf today, your desires and expectations shall come in JESUS name.




For Prayers & Counseling contact us at

Fragrance Of Christ Church Int’l
Modupe House, 152 Iju Road, By Conoil Filling Station
Fagba B/Stop Iju Ifako-Ijaiye Lagos

Tel: 08098863321, 08136677555

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP

LIGHT FOR THE WAY (Daily Devotional) Friday 29th May 2020 TOPIC: THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP TEXT: "I will be there God, and t...