header

header

Tuesday 3 October 2017

PRAYING TO GET ANSWERS (Part 7)

LIGHT FOR THE WAY
(Daily Devotional)
Tuesday 3rd October 2017




TOPIC: PRAYING TO GET ANSWERS (Part 7)  


TEXT:  “As I hear I judge”(John

I felt to have stopped at the sixth part on our series on prayers but I felt a nudging of the Spirit to throw this in also. That is the importance of hearing from God in prayer.


Have you ever wondered why Jesus never made a single mistake and his prayers often get instant answers. He tells us “the son of man can do nothing of himself, but what He sees the father do; for whatever He does, the son does in like manner. For the father loves the son, and shows Him all things He does…I can of myself do nothing. As I hear I judge. And my judgment is righteous, because I do not seek my own will but the will of the father who sent me” (Jn 5:19-20)
Jesus often prays all night but few of His prayers were recorded. Why? Because He didn’t just talk to the father He took time to listen and get instructions. Jesus prayed on the mountain tops and gardens, He even prayed on the streets outside the house He had slept the previous night. No doubt if He had a car He would have prayed inside the car driving to work. Praying and listening to God was as natural to Him as breathing. It was the spiritual oxygen He thrives on. When the Bible says ‘pray without ceasing (1Thess.5:17) it means we are to stay in touch with God at all times, to be spiritually attuned to the still small voice of His spirit within us. That calls for having an uncluttered mind and heart.

Thank God for the understanding of who we are in Christ and our authority in Christ as believers. But there is more to prayers than coming boldly to throne(Heb.4:15). That kind of prayers is more about what we want. But his kind of prayers is about what God wants! Now since God designed the plan for your life, don’t you think is wise to get quiet before Him so He could tell you about it?


ACTION PLAN FOR TODAY
*Let’s start practicing to hear God’s voice by learning to hear ‘silence’. Get a quiet place and time and spend time to listen. In the midst of the ‘silence’ there is a sound around you, take time to hear that sound. Then gradually move to listen to the still small voice of God within you.


WORD CONFESSION FOR TODAY
I am an evidence that Jesus Christ is alive and at work. I declare this day that my spiritual ears are opened to hear, my heart is opened to receive. This day I receive the revelation that will turn my life around in Jesus name.


PRAYER
*Father thank you for bringing me and my family into this great day in Jesus name
*Father God, let the scale in my spiritual eyes be opened in Jesus name
*Father God let the wax in my spiritual ears be melted by the fire of the Holy Spirit in Jesus name
*Father God, I receive divine direction that will bring me to my land of opportunites in Jesus name
*I reject the spirit of confusion and misdirection is Jesus name
*In this month of manifesting the blessing I command any power contending for my blessing to be destroyed in Jesus name.
*Lord God, activate the blessing that will announce your glory to the world in my life this day in Jesus name
*Father God, connect me to every package of redemption that has been loaded into this week and month for me in Jesus name
*Thank you Father for hearing and answering my prayers in Jesus name
 
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

Song 5, Song 6, Song 7, Song 8      1 Corinthians 12:27-31, 1 Corinthians 13:1-13       Psalm 100:1-5

SUCCESS QUOTE FOR TODAY

“Relying God has to begin all over again every day as if nothing had yet been done”

-C S Lewis


THE PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY
*By the power of the Blessing I declare that little thing in your hand will sprout into a big career and business phenomenon that your room shall not be big enough to handle in Jesus name



For Prayers & Counseling contact us at

Fragrance Of Christ Church Int’l
Modupe House, 152 Iju Road, By Conoil Filling Station
Fagba B/Stop Iju Ifako-Ijaiye Lagos

Tel: 08098863321, 08136677555

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP

LIGHT FOR THE WAY (Daily Devotional) Friday 29th May 2020 TOPIC: THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP TEXT: "I will be there God, and t...