header

header

Wednesday 11 October 2017

MAKING YOUR MARRIAGE WORK (Part 2)

LIGHT FOR THE WAY
(Daily Devotional)
Wednesday 11th June 2017
FAMILY WEEK SERIES




TOPIC: MAKING YOUR MARRIAGE WORK (Part 2)

TEXT: “Discretion will preserve you, understanding will keep you” (Pro. 2:11)

Mentality is what determines destiny. It’s understanding that makes for a successful undertaking. The problem with most marriages is wrong mentality that’s based on poor understanding of what marriage is;

If you’re your marriage must work, you need to understand the fact that your partner is not perfect. You might have prayed, fasted and heard a loud voice from heaven concerning your mate, the person won’t still be perfect. 


confusion here is between finding the right person and the perfect person. You might have married the right person but no one can find the perfect person. Not even the Angels are perfect, if they had been created perfect, satan wouldn’t have fallen in the first place. The misunderstanding is that happiness in marriage depends in finding the perfect person. Just find the person after you have fasted prayed and well counseled and they will make your life extremely happy, romantic, excited, fulfilled and blissful. In reality this is not so, in most cases, the reverse is the case. One of the very first responsibilities of marriage is accepting and continuously working on the imperfections of the we’ve married. Sometimes we might need to move a ton of dirt in order to get to an ounce of gold in that person. But those that are hooked on getting the person that makes their heart ‘yori yori’ soon come to the reality that marital challenges and stress. When these happen we tend to: (a) Cry, blame, manipulate and run down our mates, considering them fakes for not matching up to our expectations. ‘He is not the man I married’ or ‘she is not the same woman any more’ we complain. Your spouse might not be the perfect person you expect them to be (The fact is that person doesn’t t exist but that’s the person you married!
(b) Label him or her the mistake of your life. We made them into a cross that we must keep enduring instead of a crown we need to wear with a sense of dignity and purpose. I must have made a mistake is the reason divorce rates have gone through the roof in many parts of the world. So we get married to someone only to find, the person is worse off than the one we left. Remember, the right person does not necessarily mean the perfect person (c) Lastly on this note. we learn the truth that there is no perfect person to make us happy always; at that point we are set to find happiness by becoming the right person, the one God created us to be, loving without reservation, giving generously, allowing others to be real around us and looking up to God to be our joy and rejoicing!


ACTION PLAN FOR TODAY
What are the imperfections you now see in your spouse? This is the person you have married in reality! But you can still get the ounce of gold in the ton of dirt if you work on it. Maintain the right attitude and keep working on it.




WORD CONFESSION

I am an evidence that Jesus Christ is alive and at work. Today I declare that the joy of the LORD is my strength. I rejoice in God’s portion for my home, I rejoice over the seed of goodness and greatness God has given me, I rejoice


PRAYER POINTS

*Father thank you for bringing me and my family into this new week in Jesus name
* Lord, give me the hindsight, insight and foresight that will change marital life in Jesus name
*I command every spiritual confusionist that is always showing me the wrong sides of my spouse die by fire in Jesus name
*I command every demonic voices that’s always ministering evil to me about my spouse, be silenced in Jesus name
*Father God show me better ways to love my spouse in Jesus name
*I command any spiritual darkness around my home and marital life to disappear by fire in Jesus name
*Father God, like Hagar, open my eyes to see the well of solutions you have provided for my situations today in Jesus name
*Father God, let any evil eyes monitoring my marriage for evil be blinded now in Jesus name
* Thank you Father for hearing and answering my prayers and giving me peace in my marriage in Jesus name


1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

2 Chronicles 29, 2 Chronicles 30, 2 Chronicles 31:1          2 Corinthians 1:12-22            Psalm 103:13-22

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE FOR TODAY

“Marriage is the will of God, making it work is the will of men”

-Arch-Bishop B.A Idahosa


PROPHETIC DECLARATIONS FOR TODAY

*I decree today that you will sing a new song over that challenge you have been praying about in Jesus name



For more Prayers & counseling contact us at

Fragrance Of Christ Church Int’l
Modupe House, 152 Iju Road, By Conoil Filling Station
Fagba B/Stop Iju Ifako-Ijaiye Lagos
                  
Tel: 08098863321(whatsapp);  08136677555
Email: tundedaniels@gmail.com ; fragrancelag@yahoo.com
































No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP

LIGHT FOR THE WAY (Daily Devotional) Friday 29th May 2020 TOPIC: THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP TEXT: "I will be there God, and t...