header

header

Sunday 6 August 2017

FINDING REST IN GOD

LIGHT FOR THE WAY
(Daily Devotional)
Sunday 6th August 2017





TOPIC: FINDING REST IN GOD


TEXT:  "My flesh and my heart fails, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever"(Psalm 73:26)



When David fled from Jerusalem, driven from his home by his son Absalom who had gathered an army of supporters against him. As he escaped, he instructed Zadok, his priest, to take the Ark of God back to Jerusalem and to lead his people in worship there.
 
"If I find favour in the eyes of the Lord" he mused,” He will bring me back and show me both it and His dwelling place. But if not, " Here I am, let him do to me as seems good to Him'(2Samuel 15:25-26). Perhaps like David, you've lost the power for self-determination. Someone has seized control of your life, or so it seems.
You may fear that circumstances and human tendencies have overturned your plans. But nothing can frustrate God's loving intention. Someone by the name Tertullian (150-220 AD) wrote , "Do not regret a thing which has been taken away...by the Lord God, without whose will neither does a leaf glide down from a tree, nor a sparrow of one farthing's worth fall to the earth". Our heavenly Father knows how to care for His children and will allow only what He seems best. We can rest in His infinite wisdom and goodness. So we can echo David's words: "Here I am, let Him do to me as seems good to Him". So if you feel helpless in life's fray, God's mighty power will be your stay: your failing strength He can renew; for He is God that cares for you.

WORD CONFESSION

I am an evidence that Jesus Christ is alive and at work. I declare today God is the saving strength of my life. I am not moved by circumstances and situations. I am victorious in all my dealings in Jesus name


PRAYER POINTS

*Father thank you for bringing me and my family to this wonderful day in Jesus name
*Father God be the stability of my life as I go into this new week in Jesus name
*O Lord God, send help and comfort into every department of my life in Jesus name
*O Lord God, I rest on your faithfulness, let me not be put to shame this week in Jesus name
*O Lord God, by your loving kindness come through for me concerning……………this week
*Thank you Lord for hearing and answering my prayers in Jesus name


1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

1 Kings 6, 1 Kings 7:1-22     Acts 13:13-41  Psalm 75:1-10           

SUCCESS QUOTE OF THE DAY

God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well.

-Voltaire


PROPHETIC DECLARATIONS FOR TODAY
This week, God will lead you beside the still waters, He will bring restorations into your life and career. Whatever you touch this week will answer with signs and wonders in Jesus name



For more Prayers & counseling contact us at

Fragrance Of Christ Church Int’l
Modupe House, 152 Iju Road, By Conoil Filling Station
Fagba B/Stop Iju Ifako-Ijaiye Lagos

Tel: 08098863321, 08136677555
Email: tundedaniels@gmail.com ; fragrancelag@yahoo.com






No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP

LIGHT FOR THE WAY (Daily Devotional) Friday 29th May 2020 TOPIC: THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP TEXT: "I will be there God, and t...