header

header

Thursday 17 August 2017

SHAPING YOUR DESTINY WITH YOUR TONGUE

LIGHT FOR THE WAY
(Daily Devotional)
Thursday 17th August 2017





TOPIC: SHAPING YOUR DESTINY WITH YOUR TONGUE



TEXT: "And the tongue is a fire…and setteth on fire the
course of nature…"( James 3:6).


James 3 talks about the power of our tongue and how wrong words can have devastating effects. It probably focuses mostly on the negative side of the tongue, because we have a tendency to be more negative with our words than positive.


 People tend to speak death far more than life. They will discuss sickness far more than the blessings of health. James 3:6 says our tongue is like a fire. Fire has the ability to spread rapidly and eventually affects things not even in its original vicinity. Our words can spread and affect things we didn’t even expect or perhaps may never even know about. James 3:6 also says, “and setteth on fire the course of nature.” It is saying that our words can literally set nature in
motion. If our words can set nature in motion in the negative sense, then they can set it in motion in the positive sense, but those words need time to spread. James also likens our words to the rudder on a ship. Ships can’t be turned in one instant. It may take some time to reverse some things with our words, but nature will adjust to them eventually.
So begin to change things that have been formed by words today, whether they were yours or someone else’s, and allow nature to be set in motion for blessing!





WORD CONFESSION
I am evidence that Jesus Christ is alive and at work. I declare that goodness and mercy shall follow me into this day. This is the day the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it in Jesus name  

PRAYER
*Father thank you for bringing me and my family into this new day in Jesus name
*Father God take hold of my tongue and help me to speak the right words in Jesus name
*Father God let every tongue that rises up against me in judgment be condemned in Jesus name
*I command the reversal of negatives words spoken against my career in Jesus name
*I command every negative pronouncement against my children to be canceled in Jesus name
*I command every negative parental pronouncement against my life and destiny to be cancelled in Jesus name
*I command the glory of God to break forth in a new way in my life in Jesus name
*I command new openings for supernatural increase for me at the four corners of the earth in Jesus name
*I command the peace of God to take over my life and family in Jesus name
*I decree that my children shall be like olive plants round about my house in Jesus name
*I decree that my life is moving forcefully forward regardless of challenges in Jesus name
*Thank you Lord for honouring your word in my life in Jesus name

  
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

 2 Kings 1, 2 Kings 2:1-25    Acts 20:1-38   Psalm 78:40-55

SUCCESS QUOTE FOR TODAY

"Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit."

-- Conrad Hilton

THE PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY
The Sovereign LORD says today “Watch Me release the more than enough into your life now, says the Lord. For where you felt like there was just barely enough to get by I shall cause your jars to overflow”





For Prayers & Counseling contact us at

Fragrance Of Christ Church Int’l
Modupe House, 152 Iju Road, By Conoil Filling Station
Fagba B/Stop Iju Ifako-Ijaiye Lagos

Tel: 08098863321, 08136677555

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP

LIGHT FOR THE WAY (Daily Devotional) Friday 29th May 2020 TOPIC: THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP TEXT: "I will be there God, and t...