header

header

Tuesday 22 August 2017

POSSESSING THE BLESSING BY COURTESY



LIGHT FOR THE WAY
(Daily Devotional)
Tuesday 22nd August 2017



TOPIC: POSSESSING THE BLESSING BY COURTESY



TEXT: "Be courteous that you may inherit a blessing" (1Peter3:9NKJV)


Common courtesy is fast becoming a scarce commodity in our society and even among Christians. The Bible made us realize that courtesy is one of the keys to the blessing and also positions us for divine help.

 Sometimes we don’t know how to go about pleasing God and getting blessed. Preachers have made it a lot complicated by teaching us to believe that 'tithing' is the only path to the blessing. No, practicing courtesy also can give you access to God's blessing. The prophet Micah simplifies it for us: 'what does the Lord require of you but to love kindness'(Micah 6:8NAS). Below are ten common courtesies you should work on every day, and teach our children. After all if they don’t learn courtesy from us where else will they learn it? (1) Go out of your way to speak to people. Pleasant words are healing ( Pro 16:24 NIV) (2) Try to remember people's names it shows you value them (3)Smile, it increases your ' face value' (4) Be friendly and helpful, if you do people will return it (5) Show genuine interest in people, you can find something good in almost everybody if you try ( 6)  Be generous with your praise and be courteous with your criticism (7) Be slow to Judge, there are three sides to every story, your side, their side, and the right side. (8) Instead of ' using' others serve them: by love, serve one another ( Gal 5:13). (9) Start trusting people, it builds lasting relationship (10) Be humble.
Courtesy does two things: a) It speaks well of your parents, ' Live so that people will...praise your father'   (Matthew 5:16 NVC). b) It determines your level of blessing. ‘Be courteous...so that you may inherit a blessing



WORD CONFESSION
I am evidence that Jesus Christ is alive and at work. I declare this day that the favour of the Lord is upon my life. Thy will be done this day! Today is a day of completion and breaking fort. I give thanks for this perfect day, miracle shall follow miracles and wonders shall never cease in my life in Jesus name.




PRAYER
*Father thank you for bringing me and my family into this new day in Jesus name
*Father God give me the wisdom to activate all the good things you have programmed into this day for me in Jesus name
*Father God, connect me to the destiny ‘destiny elevator’ that will take me to my next level in Jesus name
*O Lord God, dispatch the angels into the city on my behalf to perfect that good thing You have started in my life in Jesus name
*O Lord God by Your terrifying sound let the enemy of my joy and testimony be scattered in Jesus name
*O Lord God give me by favour what efforts can’t make happen for me today in Jesus name
*I command every garment of disfavor on life to catch fire now in Jesus name
*I command every mark of disfavor on my life to cancelled by the blood of Jesus in Jesus name
*O Lord God I claim victory concerning………………………..in Jesus name
*Thank you Lord for hearing and answering my prayers I Jesus name
 
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

 2 Kings 8:16-29, 2 Kings 9  Acts 23:12-35 Psalm 80:1-7

SUCCESS QUOTE FOR TODAY

You cannot change what you will not confront! You have the ability through the power of the blessing to revolutionize your life and control your future'

 -- John Hagee

THE PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY

"Great things are happening in your life this season, glorious things without measure, enlarge your heart, be expectant, for I have removed your restrictions. I am renewing my covenant, and restoring that which the enemy has taken away."





For Prayers & Counseling contact us at

Fragrance Of Christ Church Int’l
Modupe House, 152 Iju Road, By Conoil Filling Station
Fagba B/Stop Iju Ifako-Ijaiye Lagos

Tel: 08098863321, 08136677555

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP

LIGHT FOR THE WAY (Daily Devotional) Friday 29th May 2020 TOPIC: THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP TEXT: "I will be there God, and t...