header

header

Saturday 5 August 2017

FINDING THE TRUE PURPOSE OF LIVING

LIGHT FOR THE WAY
(Daily Devotional)
Saturday 5th August 2017





TOPIC: FINDING THE TRUE PURPOSE OF LIVING    


TEXT: "We are been transformed into Christ's image, from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of God"(2Cor.3:18).

Rick Warren wrote a book titled the purpose driven life. It’s phenomenal appeal reminds us that believers and unbelievers alike have a deep longing for a clear sense of purpose. We all want to know that our lives are involved in something worthwhile.



 Without a strong sense of calling and purpose, life is nothing more than routine busyness. Being followers of Jesus gives us a distinct advantage when it comes to having a sense of purpose. The Westminster catechism sums it up pretty well when it says "chief end of man" is to "glorify God and enjoy Him forever".  Glorifying God means putting His character, His will and His ways into action in all that we do today. The Apostle Paul reminded us that we 'are been transformed into Christ's image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord'.(2Cor.3:18). The purpose of our lives is to let others see what God is like as they watch and experience His love through us. What a profound privilege it is to mirror God's love, mercy, grace justice, and righteousness to a world whose heart is veiled to God's truth (4:3-4). Our purpose is to show others less of us and more of Him. That’s living on purpose with purpose. Go and do that

WORD CONFESSION

I am an evidence that Jesus Christ is alive and at work. I declare today that I am the express image of the only begotten son of God. The glory of the only begotten son of God is manifesting in my life in Jesus name.



PRAYER POINTS

*Father thank you for bringing me and my family to this wonderful day in Jesus name
*O Lord God, grant me grace to mirror your love, grace and mercy to everyone that comes my way today in Jesus name
*Power for transformed living rest on me now in Jesus name
*O Lord God, grant me grace to live a life of purpose in my daily life in Jesus name
*Holy Spirit, move my life from glory to glory in Christ in Jesus name
*O Lord let the blood of Jesus wipe off every ungodly identity of my life in Jesus name
*O Lord God let your mighty power shift me to my new level of glory in Jesus name
*Thank you Lord for hearing and answering my praters in Jesus name


1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

1 Kings 3:16-28, 1 Kings 4, 1 Kings 5 Acts 12:19-25, Acts 13:1-12 Psalm 74:18-23

SUCCESS QUOTE OF THE DAY

“The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever”

-anonymous


PROPHETIC DECLARATIONS FOR TODAY
The Sovereign Lord says today I set before you a transformational grace that turns ashes into beauty, water into wine and brings forth life where there has been nothing but death and the expectation of loss. This is your time says the Lord You are moving now into the fullness of time in your personal timeline recorded in heaven in the archives of glory. This day the books of a new chapter are being opened and the
old things are passing away never to be revisited again.



For more Prayers & counseling contact us at

Fragrance Of Christ Church Int’l
Modupe House, 152 Iju Road, By Conoil Filling Station
Fagba B/Stop Iju Ifako-Ijaiye Lagos

Tel: 08098863321, 08136677555
Email: tundedaniels@gmail.com ; fragrancelag@yahoo.com






No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP

LIGHT FOR THE WAY (Daily Devotional) Friday 29th May 2020 TOPIC: THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP TEXT: "I will be there God, and t...