header

header

Friday 11 August 2017

STAND ON GOD'S WORD ,NOT ON THE WORLD




LIGHT FOR THE WAY
(Daily Devotional)
Friday 11th August 2017





TOPIC:  STAND ON GOD’S WORD, NOT ON THE WORLD



TEXT: "Don't assume you know it all" (Proverbs 3:7)


One day a scientist asked an old preacher, how come the version of creation defied all logic. Smiling, he replied, 'The reason God came from nowhere is because there wasn't anywhere for Him to come from. 


And coming from nowhere He stood on nothing, for there was nowhere for Him to stand. And standing on nothing He reached out where there was nowhere to reach and caught something when there was nothing to catch. Then He hung that something on nothing and told it to stay there, and nobody said a word, because there wasn't anybody around to say anything. Then God said to Himself 'That's good'.
As humans we have the tendency to want to figure out everything in advance. But we are not as smart as we think. Solomon said 'Don't assume that you know it all or you soon find out the hard way that you don’t. A Christian Author writes: 'I...couldn't feel at peace, unless i had everything figured out. I became anxious, restless, nervous, worried and grouchy...similar to drug addicts who needs a fix, the severity wasn't the same but the symptoms were. I was a Christian and supposedly walked by faith...I trusted Jesus for salvation, but in other areas I trusted myself. Does that sound familiar? Chronic worry shows you are trusting in yourself more than God. And worry like any other sin, needs to be dealt with.
Jeremiah said, 'Mere mortals can't run their own lives...men and women don’t have what it takes (Jer 10:23TM). So stop trying to control every possible outcome. Life becomes more peaceful when you decide to stand on God's word and trust Him, regardless of the circumstances.


WORD CONFESSION
I am evidence that Jesus Christ is alive and at work. I declare today that great things are breaking forth in my life. I am a well-watered garden, I am satisfied with the abundance of the house of God in Jesus name

PRAYER
*Father thank you for bringing me and my family into this new day in Jesus name
*O Lord God, perfect every good thing that concerns me this day in Jesus name
*O Lord God, as I look unto you today, let me not be put to shame in Jesus name
*O Lord God, take control of the circumstances and situations in my life and turn it around for your glory in Jesus name
*O Lord God, make a way for me where people have said there is no way in Jesus name
*Anointing for unprecedented turnaround rest on me now in Jesus name
*O Lord God, let the divine help that will move my life to the next level locate me now in Jesus name
*O Lord God let the favour for destiny turnaround rest on me now in Jesus name
*Lord God, connect me to every divine allocation that has my name on them today in Jesus name
Thank you Lord for hearing and answering my prayers in Jesus name

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

 1 Kings 12:25-33, 1 Kings 13, 1 Kings 14:1-20      Acts 16:1-15    Psalm 78:1-8

SUCCESS QUOTE FOR TODAY

"The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do."

-- Unknown


THE PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY
*No more shall you suffer the reproach of the heathen. Today whatever “satisfaction” may mean to you in Christ Jesus is released for you now in Jesus name!

*Whatever situation has challenged the name of the Lord you God bows to you now in Jesus name.







For Prayers & Counseling contact us at

Fragrance Of Christ Church Int’l
Modupe House, 152 Iju Road, By Conoil Filling Station
Fagba B/Stop Iju Ifako-Ijaiye Lagos

Tel: 08098863321, 08136677555

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP

LIGHT FOR THE WAY (Daily Devotional) Friday 29th May 2020 TOPIC: THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP TEXT: "I will be there God, and t...