header

header

Friday 30 June 2017

THE KEY TO BUILDING A GREAT NATION



LIGHT FOR THE WAY
(Daily Devotional)
Friday 30th June 2017



TOPIC:  THE KEY TO BUILDING A GREAT NATION

TEXT:  "They stood and confessed their sins" (Nehemiah 9:2 NCV).


Upon hearing that Jerusalem lay in ruins, Nehemiah prayed ' I confess the sins we Israelite have done against you' (Nehemiah 1:6). 



The most powerful man in the country is saying that before they rebuild, they must repent. Meaning they must lay the right foundation, knowing that righteousness exalts a nation...and sin is reproach to any people. Nehemiah knew that they cannot build on the spiritual foundation of sin laid by their fore fathers, he knew if the nation must experience a rebirth and a renewal, they must change the way things have been so they change their final outcome. The key then is to repent before God. What a picture! Multitudes spending hours in prayer before God not making excuses or requests but making confessions. Can you imagine the leaders of government, industry, law, entertainment and education doing that? Could it happen? Yes it can if it begins with us. 'If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then...I will heal their land (2Chro. 7:14). The nation changes when God's people change. We are vocal when it comes to what's wrong with the country, but silent when it comes to what's wrong with us. Forgetting that a nation cannot be greater than the quality of the people within it. Many are like the man in a prayer meeting, who prayed ' God I thank you that this country has people like me. The man in corner needs welfare, I don’t. The prostitute in the street has AIDS, I don't. The drunkard over there needs alcohol, I don't. Next to him was a broken man who humbly whispers, ' Lord like my brother on welfare, I am dependent on your grace. Like my sister with AIDS, I am infected with mistakes. Like my friend who needs a drink, I need something to ease my pain. Have mercy on me a sinner'. After telling a story like that Jesus said, ' I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God' (Luk 18:14NIV). Arrogance points at others. Humility points at self and acknowledges that change, revival and building a virile nation must come and it must first begin in me.

WORD CONFESSION

I am an evidence that Jesus Christ is alive and at work. Today I declare that God is bringing change into my life, my family and Nation. I am arising this day to be a vessel of God’s blessing to my generation in Jesus name





PRAYER POINTS

*Father thank you for bringing me and my family into this new day in Jesus name
*Father thank you for the country that you have given us in Jesus name
*Lord God, I confess my sins and the sins of our fore fathers in this country in Jesus name
*O Lord God, heal the social, political, and the economic life of this country in Jesus name
*O Lord God, overthrow the evil intentions of the enemy over this nation in Jesus name
*O Lord God let your will be done in this nation as it is in heaven in Jesus name
*O Lord God, like the company of Dathan and Abiram let the ground swallow those perpetuating wickedness over this land in Jesus name
*O Lord God, you are the governor of the nations, set a righteous man over the affairs of this country in Jesus name
*Prince of peace let your peace reign across this country in Jesus name
*Thank you Lord for hearing and answering my prayers in Jesus name


1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Judges 10, Judges 11 John 6:25-59 Psalm 59:1-8

SUCCESS QUOTE FOR TODAY

“Rhetoric is a poor substitute for action, and we have trusted only to rhetoric. If we are really to be a great nation, we must not merely talk; we must act big.”

-Theodore Roosevelt

“A good government may, indeed, redress the grievances of an injured people; but a strong people can alone build up a great nation.”

-Thomas Francis Meagher


PROPHETIC DECLARATIONS FOR TODAY

I decree the Sun of righteousness to arise over this nation with healings in its wings in Jesus name






For Prayers And Counselling contact us at

Fragrance Of Christ Church Int’l
Modupe House, 152 Iju Road, By Conoil Filling Station
Fagba B/Stop Iju Ifako-Ijaiye Lagos

Tel: 08098863321, 08136677555

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP

LIGHT FOR THE WAY (Daily Devotional) Friday 29th May 2020 TOPIC: THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP TEXT: "I will be there God, and t...