header

header

Thursday 8 June 2017

THE TOUCH OF GOD'S GOODNESS

LIGHT FOR THE WAY
(Daily Devotional)
Thursday 8th June 2017





TOPIC: THE TOUCH OF GOD’S GOODNESS

TEXT: Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men (Luke 2:14).

God is good and and He is always doing good things but many believe God is out to strike people with lightening every time they make a mistake. If you listen to some people’s concept of God, you could wonder if God is ever in a good mood.

 Every time there is a hurricane or earthquake, people blame God. Many insurance policies call these disasters, “acts of God.” Yet, the first thing the angels brought at the birth of Jesus was an announcement of peace and good will. God isn’t out causing natural disasters because He is mad at the world. In fact, Romans 8:22 says that “the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.” In other words, the ever increasing natural disasters are the result of sin taking its toll on the planet. Often for the same reason, people have bad things happen to them. It’s not because God is judging them, but rather they are reaping the results of sinful behaviors (see Rom. 1:27). Other times it is the devil causing trouble so people will erroneously believe God is behind it. God, because of His righteousness, will eventually have to judge a world that refuses His hand of good will through Jesus, but in the meantime God is offering peace on earth.

Expect God to show His good will toward you today, even in the smallest ways, and know that He has extended His hand of peace and goodness


WORD CONFESSION

I am an evidence that Jesus Christ is alive and at work. As I go into this day, I declare  that goodness and mercy shall follow me all the way and I will abide in His presence and under the shadows of His wings. I will long see and enjoy the the goodness of the Lord in the  land of the living in Jesus name

PRAYER POINTS

*Father thank you for bringing me and my family into this new day in Jesus name
*Lord God, I confess every sin that is robbing me of your goodness in Jesus name
*Father God, as I go into this day show me your goodness in Jesus name
*O Lord God, let every evil programmed into this day be uprooted in Jesus name
*Lord God, let whatever you have not willed for my life this day be cancelled in Jesus name
*That good thing that will bring glory to God in my business, career and marriage today, manifest by fire in Jesus name
*Lord, I am available for the divine visitation that will eliminate my frustrations and established celebrations in my life in Jesus name
*The anointing for career, business and destiny turn around, rest on me now in Jesus name
*Lord God, let your agents of goodness locate me with my good news this day in Jesus name
*God of goodness thank you for hearing and answering my prayers in Jesus name



1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

Joshua 5:13-15, Joshua 6, Joshua 7   Luke 22:39-62   Psalm 50:16-23


SUCCESS QUOTE FOR TODAY

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."

-- Thomas Edison

PROPHETIC DECLARATIONS FOR TODAY

I decree that that good news of great joy will locate you this day in Jesus name.
The goodness of God will have full expression and surround you in every area and in what you do this today in Jesus name.
God’s immeasurable favour will rest upon you and you shall hold your peace in Jesus name.



































No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP

LIGHT FOR THE WAY (Daily Devotional) Friday 29th May 2020 TOPIC: THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP TEXT: "I will be there God, and t...