header

header

Sunday 25 June 2017

THE POWER OF SELF CONTROL




LIGHT FOR THE WAY
(Daily Devotional)
Sunday 25th June 2017



TOPIC:  THE POWER OF SELF-CONTROL

TEXT:  That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honor (1 Thessalonians 4:4).

The moral decadence in the world we live in is at an alarming proportion. And on daily basis you have a decision to make to either live for God or join whatever is trending both our streets and the social media. Yielding to the world might come at a higher price than the gain it portends. But regardless God has given us the power to take charge of our lives.


When you read about the life of Joseph, it isn’t hard to see that his ability to live in self-control elevated him to prominence. When Potiphar’s wife tried countless times to get Joseph to sleep with her, Joseph emphatically refused. One day when she grabbed him and he ran from her, she made up a lie and told her husband that Joseph tried to rape her. Her husband was angry and threw Joseph in prison. However, immediately after it happened, Genesis 39:21 says, “But the Lord was with Joseph.” The Lord saw Joseph’s self-control and defended him. Eventually, Joseph was elevated to second-in-command in Egypt. His ability to govern himself caused him to go from the prison to a position of leadership. The result was that he played a key role in saving countless lives from famine, including that of his own family.

Every believer should ask the Lord to show them where they need to exhibit more self-control so that temptation doesn’t eventually get the better of them and cut short their potential for destiny. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you be in charge of your own vessel today, because God wants you to be a key player in bringing salvation to your generation and fulfill your God given destiny.

WORD CONFESSION

I am an evidence that Jesus Christ is alive and at work. I declare that my body spirit, soul and body are subject to the will of God. I am not ruled by passion or rage, but I am ruled by the Spirit of grace in Jesus name

 PRAYER POINTS

*Father thank you for bringing me and my family into this new day in Jesus name
*Lord God, show me where I need to exhibit more self- control in my life in Jesus name
*O Lord God I receive grace to live the supernatural life naturally in Jesus name
*O Lord, I command the voice of my flesh to be silenced in Jesus name
*O Lord I connect to the grace of God for self-control in Jesus name
*Holy Spirit, help me to take charge of my body today in Jesus name
*O Lord God, break the circle of rising and falling in my life in Jesus name
*Lord I receive new strength for a stable walk with you in Jesus name.
*Thank you Lord for hearing and answering my prayers in Jesus name


1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

Judges 10, Judges 11 John 6:25-59 Psalm 59:1-8

SUCCESS QUOTE FOR TODAY

“Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.”

-Jim Rohn

PROPHETIC DECLARATIONS FOR TODAY
Every power robbing you of your place in destiny is destroyed now in Jesus name.
Receive new grace to live above temptations and reproach in Jesus name.


For Prayers And Counselling contact us at

Fragrance Of Christ Church Int’l
Modupe House, 152 Iju Road, By Conoil Filling Station
Fagba B/Stop Iju Ifako-Ijaiye Lagos

Tel: 08098863321, 08136677555

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP

LIGHT FOR THE WAY (Daily Devotional) Friday 29th May 2020 TOPIC: THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP TEXT: "I will be there God, and t...