header

header

Thursday 8 October 2015

GO DEEP WITH GOD

From the desk of Pastor Tunde Daniels

Thursday 8th October 2015

LIGHT FOR WAY
(Daily Devotional)

"That I may become more deeply and intimately squinted with Him" (Phil. 3:10)

GO DEEP WITH GOD

Storms reveals the depth and resilience of a tree's root system. When hard times come we need more than just intelligence; we nerd spiritual depth, the kind that Job had. When the bottom dropped out of his world, Job said, 'When He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold. My foot has held fast to His path; I have kept His way and not turned aside. I have departed from the command of His lips; I have treasured the word of His mouth more than my necessary food.       ( Job 23:10-12NAS). We need the spiritual depth of Paul who after praying three times for the horrible stake in his flesh to leave(the word translated thorns sometimes refer to a pointed instrument, likens spear), and three times the Lord said 'no'. In response Paul said, 'Most gladly, I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of God may rest upon me(2Corinthians 12:9NKJV). Instead of looking for way out or throw a pity party, Paul declared, 'I chose to go through this so that I can experience more of Christ's power working in my life. What a spiritual  depth!
Do you want what this people had so that your spiritual life is such that you walk step with God whether you feel good or not; whether you a 'yes' , 'no' or 'wait' in answer to your prayers; even when you dont get your own way? Spiritual depth cannot be caught by osmosis or by somebody laying hands on you, it must become your all consuming goal and the highest priority of your life.

Prayer Point

Father, take me deeper to the place I first met you in Jesus name.

Daily Bible Reading

Jeremiah 6-7; Philippians 4:2-23; Proverbs 24:5-14

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP

LIGHT FOR THE WAY (Daily Devotional) Friday 29th May 2020 TOPIC: THE BLESSEDNESS OF DIVINE FELLOWSHIP TEXT: "I will be there God, and t...